A Path Of Service
The Buddha teaches that spiritual friendship is “the whole of the spiritual life.” Spiritual friendship and service to those who live at the margins of society is the practice heart of Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community.
Ongoing Service Paths
- Infinite Circle: A two year practice community committed to living a dharma-rooted life in a money-driven world (as soon as we know the start date of cohort 4 we will add them here)
- Peacemaker Quilts: Sewing together patchwork quilts for children in the foster care system
- StreetGreens: Creating community as we serve free meals with our food truck
- End of Life Support and Housing: Offering end-of-life doula services, compassionate support, and cost-free housing to people who need a place to live at the end of life
- Mindful Recovery: Weekly meeting and conversation group using a dharma-based approach to recovery
At Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community, we offer service programs that respond to unmet needs of people in our region. Our aim is to engage in service in ways characterized by acceptance, friendship, equality, neighborliness, dignity, and warmth. Our aim is simply to be good neighbors, walking a path of mutual discovery and care that deepens over time.